Community, Food + Dining

Eric And Jodi Fogelin’s Old Shasta Coffee Company

A Perfect Blend… Last February, a couple walked down Eureka Way, in the snow, all the way from Old Shasta. “We have to open our coffee shop,” they exclaimed. SnowedRead More
Community

Downtown Details

What’s going on in downtown Redding?… ‘Tis the season for a Christmas tree and parade!  Before the Redding Christmas tree moved to the California Street parking garage, where it hasRead More
Community

December 2019 Enjoy — All Is Bright

Editor’s Note… Children dash off their letters to Santa, friends chatter about how to bless others with kindness, and families snuggle together with cups of cocoa to warm up onRead More
Community, Food + Dining

Bachman’s Wholesome Catering Company

Food Wise… How many people can pinpoint a distant childhood memory as having planted the seed that grew into a lifelong passion? Anderson caterer Christian Bachman can, though many ofRead More
Community, Life + Leisure

A Few Ideas To Get You In The Spirit Of The Season

Holiday Bucket List… • Drink hot chocolate with marshmallows and peppermint • Make latkes • Write a letter to Santa • Bake sugar cookies • Trim the tree • HangRead More
Community

Yreka’s Siskiyou County Museum Exhibit—Aviation History

Flying High… Robert Trimble was one of the key players in the history of aviation in Siskiyou County. He trained pilots in World War II. After the war, he learnedRead More
Community, Recreation + Outdoors

Turkey In Palo Cedro – Happy Thanksgiving

Enjoy the View… Frank Kratofil enjoys spending time with his family, friends and patients and he enjoys time in the outdoors. As a young man, Frank was legally blind. TwoRead More

The Power Of Kindness Can Change The World

The Ripple Effect… When a small leaf, drop of water or pebble hits a body of water, it casts an outward ripple that continues until it’s out of view, makingRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community

The Blue Room Theatre In Chico

Staging the Way… Sitting kitty-corner to the southeastern end of the Chico State University campus above Collier Hardware, the intimate 126-seat Blue Room Theatre has been delighting audiences with creative,Read More
Community

The American Association Of University Women – Redding

A Firm Foundation… It is not just a promise of the traditional fresh-baked cookies that encourages a visit to the Home Tour and Art Show. The opportunity to tour threeRead More

Steve Potts’ Hand-Crafted Bikes In Etna

All Geared Up… In his novel “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance,” author Robert Pirsig writes, “On a motorcycle the frame is gone…you’re in the scene, not just watchingRead More
Community

November 2019 Enjoy — Acts Of Kindness

Editor’s Note… It’s the season of gratitude, where we gather our loved ones near, hit the “pause” button on our hectic lives and reflect on what truly makes our livesRead More

Nick Dahl Memorial Veterans Fund

Family Legacy… Nicholas Dahl was an Army veteran who served in Iraq in 2008, where he spent 14 months as a skilled combat soldier, earning the Combat Infantry Badge, IraqRead More
Community

My Town – Michael Moynahan

My Town: Michael Moynahan I arrived in Redding from Eugene, Ore. in 1962 with my father, who was applying for a manager’s position at Lou Gerard Ford.  After his successfulRead More

Mercy Hospice, Angels Of Mercy And Festival Of Trees

Care and Compassion… HOSPICE – I ‘d heard of it, but never knew what it meant until my family needed Mercy Hospice. I always thought the word itself had aRead More

Mentors Recruited And Trained At Catalyst Mentoring

Time Well Invested… “How do mentors win?” prompts the trainer. “BY SHOWING UP!” calls the class. Back when Aaron Hayes taught at a local continuation school, he picked up onRead More
Community, Life + Leisure, Recreation + Outdoors

Love In High Places

On the Lookout… With twenty-three years of experience in a fire lookout, Barry Snyder has a succinct description of how life there can change when smoke is spotted. “It’s likeRead More
Community, Food + Dining

Know Where Your Food Comes From With Belcampo Farms

Real Good Food… At Belcampo Farms, the meat of the matter is this: more and more health-conscious shoppers want to know more about the food they’re putting on the familyRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community, Recreation + Outdoors

Earthstone At McConnell Arboretum & Botanical Gardens

In the Details… Eearthstone is large, earthy and nicely quirky. Eight feet tall and weighing 14,500 pounds, the abstract sculpture within the gardens of Turtle Bay Exploration Park in ReddingRead More
Community

Downtown Details

Downtown Details… What’s going on in downtown redding? Did you know that there is an overall plan for Downtown Redding? Over the years, the Downtown Redding specific plan has servedRead More