Community, Life + Leisure, Recreation + Outdoors

Therapeutic Programs At DLB Ranch In Cottonwood

Healing & Horses… Healing through horses is the goal of this Cottonwood-based nonprofit. For years, DLB Ranch, Inc. has used horses to help people who seek improved spiritual, emotional andRead More
Community, Recreation + Outdoors

Tehama County CattleWomen Educate, Engage And Encourage

Beyond the Beef… In 1953, the Tehama County CowBelles burst onto the scene – 74 women who were interested in promoting the beef industry. Now, nearly 70 years later, theRead More
Community, Life + Leisure

Oroville’s Chinese Temple

Cultural Artifacts… When, in 2015, the City of Oroville undertook extensive improvements on its most visited museum, the Chinese Temple and Museum Complex, it added a gorgeous entry gate ofRead More
Community

My Town – Dustin Lauf

Something for Everyone… When my parents arrived in Redding in 1982, they never thought a random place off Interstate 5 would become home.  Fast forward 38 years; when I talkRead More
Community, Life + Leisure, Recreation + Outdoors

Making The Most Of The Open Road

Life is a Highway… Wanderlust is a real thing. It’s a deep, impenetrable sense of desire to travel. Some may even call it a need. Those who are unrelentingly drawnRead More
Community

Kool April Nites Gives Back

Oh What a Nite… It’s April in Redding, and you know what that means – here comes Kool April Nites. We’re talking an eight-day extravaganza celebrating automobiles – show andRead More
Community

Fast Times At The Redding Dragstrip

Need for Speed… Kool April Nites and the Redding Dragstrip are a match made in hot rod heaven. The car show, one of the biggest on the west coast andRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community, Food + Dining

Downtown Details April 2020

Downtown Details… What’s going on in Downtown Redding? DASH (Downtown Area Shuttle) Meet DASH, the Downtown Area Shuttle, a fast, free, reliable service that will be coming to Downtown Redding.Read More

Culp Bucking Bulls

That’s a Lot of Bull… Rodeo is rooted in American history, tracing back to the late 1800s when the Spanish settled California and became cattle ranchers. Wild West shows beganRead More
Community, Food + Dining

Taylorsville’s 105-Year-Old Cash Register

Cha Ching!… About a half-hour outside of Quincy on Highway 89 in a quiet area amongst grassy fields and surrounded by snow-dusted mountains lies the tiny town (population: roughly 160)Read More
Arts + Entertainment, Community, Recreation + Outdoors

Kids Unlimited Reimagined

Band of Brothers… Any kid can be a star through Kids Unlimited – take it from the program’s new producing executive directors, who spent their childhood summers as “KU kids”Read More
Community, Life + Leisure

Healing And Restoration With Hope City Redding

Finding Hope… Where most communities see crime and wrongdoing as burdens left for the justice system to tackle alone, one North State organization views such burdens as opportunities. HOPE CityRead More
Community

Ed Heffelfinger Teams Up With Former Monkee Michael Nesmith

Monkee Business… The Beatles’ triumphant appearance on “The Ed Sullivan Show” already had young Ed Heffelfinger primed for a life in rock ‘n’ roll, even though a guitar just didn’tRead More
Community

Downtown Mt. Shasta’s Oldest Family Business

The Nuts and Bolts… As the longest running family-owned business in Mount Shasta, Ramshaw’s Ace Hardware has been serving the community from its same downtown location for 75 years. “WithRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community

Crown Photo And Video Featuring Theresa’s Photo Services

Crowning Memories… Every now and then, the proverbial door comes within a breath of closing. If the fates align, there is a chance to slip through the narrow space, beforeRead More

Vic Hannan’s One-Stop Landscaping Shop

Yard Work… When you mix cement powder with rock, sand or gravel, you get concrete, used as a solid foundation for anything from a retaining wall to a house. WhenRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community

The Ukulele Progam At Lassen View School

It’s a happy thing… Amid the chorus of young voices in the hallways of Lassen View School in Dairyville, there is often a bright and joyous sound of ukulele. ARead More
Community

My Town – Gayle Harrington

Generous and Supportive… I can still remember my first introduction to Cottonwood many years ago.  As a young wife and mother living in Anderson at the time, I ventured outRead More
Community

March 2020 Enjoy — Clear The Clutter

Editor’s Note… Daffodils bloom, sunshine abounds – and that junk drawer overflows. It’s springtime in the North State, and we’re ready to clear the clutter! We know we’ll never needRead More
Community

Downtown Details March 2020

Downtown Details… What’s Going on in Downtown Redding? Redding Cultural District Did you know Downtown was a part of an official state-designated cultural district? The district was originally formed byRead More