Community, Historical

It Starts with Me

Juneteenth in Downtown Redding…It’s hard to imagine a world in which information doesn’t travel at the speed of light. In 2024, between social media posts and Facebook and Instagram Live,Read More
Community

What I Enjoy – Julie Driver

Julie Driver, Corporate and Community Engagement for KIXE PBS…If you could choose one thing you’d like the community to know about KIXE, what would it be? KIXE PBS would notRead More
Community, Giving Back

Support & Engage

Latino Outreach of Tehama County…We reached Out to Araceli Gutierrez, President of Latino Outreach of Tehama County to find out more about their goals.Enjoy: What inspired the creation of LatinoRead More
Arts, Arts + Entertainment, Community

Center Stage

Shoppe Serendipity in Yreka…“I’ve always loved the arts. It’s in my blood. My grandfather was an artist and I have very creative people in my family. I was born andRead More
Community, Life + Leisure

Go Hawaiian

Sandy Jones, Redding Senior Citizen Hula Dance Instructor…“Ma kau kau?” calls the teacher.Ready?“Ae!” answers the class in unison.Yes!Their chatter stops short, and all members of the intermediate hula dancing classRead More
Community, Giving Back, Recreation + Outdoors

A Time to Grow Back Stronger

Rebuilding Whiskeytown Environmental School…Between 1970 and 2018, some 134,000 fifth- and sixth-graders got to splash in Clear Creek, hike, camp overnight, marvel at star-filled skies and learn about the naturalRead More

What I Enjoy – Cameron Middleton

Cameron MiddletonMarried to Cassie, father to Cole Realtor with House of Realty, Inc. Asphalt Cowboy Top PuncherWhat do you enjoy most about living in the North State? Reno claims toRead More
Community

Go for the Gold

Golden Circle of Champions…We asked JB Stacy, General Manager of the Red Bluff Round-Up, a few questions about Golden Circle of Champions.Enjoy: Tell us about Golden Circle of Champions.Stacy: TheRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community

A Horse of Course

The Wild Art Horses of Red Bluff…Downtown Red Bluff is a riot of color and public art these days thanks to the energy and determination of a small group ofRead More

What I Enjoy – Rhonda Hanson

Rhonda Hanson…Married for 20+ years, six kids (married into five), five grandkids with one on the way. Duel Director of Sales for the TownePlace Suites and Hampton Inn Co-owner ofRead More
Community

Rising Resilience

Empower Tehama Builds Hope and Transforms Lives…While we pay special attention to women’s issues in March, a North State nonprofit keeps itself focused on empowerment and healing throughout the year,Read More
Community, Recreation + Outdoors

Cyclist’s Haven

Downtown Redding’s Bike Depot…Can you envision Redding transformed into a cyclist’s haven, linked to a network of trails that provide safe, easy access to your job downtown? You could rideRead More

Building Independence

Alisha Simpkins Launches Single Moms to Homeowners…Alisha Simpkins, a Chico real estate agent, has a story that embodies resilience, compassion and the power of second chances. Her life’s journey hasRead More
Community

What I Enjoy – Liz Suetta Barker

Liz Suetta Barker – Chief Operations Officer at Empire Drywall, Inc.HOW DID YOU GET INVOLVED IN YOUR BUSINESSES? In 2008, my husband and I started Empire Drywall, Inc. However, atRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community

Year of the Dragon

Lunar New Year in Red Bluff…On February 4, an event the likes of which hasn’t been seen since 1908 is returning to Red Bluff in honor of Lunar New Year.Read More
Community

What I Enjoy – Jason Odell

Jason Odell, OwnerOdell Craft BarbecueWHAT INSPIRED YOU TO DO THE WORK YOU DO? Passion. I wanted to do work that I deeply enjoyed and cared about. I do not wantRead More

Eclectic Offerings

Cascade Curations in Downtown Redding…Hours before Nashville-based touring artist Molly Tuttle performed on the Cascade Theatre stage, she stopped in at a downtown boutique. An upscaled pair of jeans, festoonedRead More
Community, Food + Dining

Sip, Sip, Hooray

Sip Coffee Bar in Red Bluff…For Michelle McNeal, sophomore year at Red Bluff High held a little more anxiety than for the average young person entering a new year ofRead More
Community

What I Enjoy – Dr. Ron Zufall

Dr. Ron Zufall, D.D.S. Caring Family DentistryWHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DENTAL STORY? Most of my favorites are funny things that have happened with my staff. I have a wonderful team,Read More
Community, Giving Back

Quality of Life

Active 20-30 Club of Redding…Kelsi Sprague is past president of Active 20-30 Club of Redding #143 and treasurer for Active 20-30 U.S. and Canada.Enjoy: Tell us a bit about theRead More