Downtown Details – December 2022
Thank you for supporting downtown Redding businesses!
Downtowns may occupy a small amount of space in a city, but they are economically in-demand and lucrative districts, warranting continued investment.
Downtowns have intrinsic cultural significance because they offer historical and cultural assets, recreation and entertainment opportunities, locally owned business and participation in civic activities. They are also resilient. Downtowns consistently and significantly rank higher than their cities when it comes to walking and biking.
Part of a downtown’s value is diversity, inclusivity and open-mindedness. They are positioned to be highly inclusive places, given their access to opportunities and essential services for all users.
Downtown signifies a city’s greater brand or identity. When you visit a new city, where do you go? How do you learn and get acclimated? Where is the economic, cultural and civic center? Chances are you turn to the city’s natural hub – the downtown.
Here’s the Blakedown
Blake Fisher – Viva Downtown Program Coordinator
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas from Downtown Redding! I talked to Santa Claus, and he told me that you may be getting coal if haven’t been to Downtown during December. Here is a small list of Redding Cultural District community events, be sure to check it twice:
- The City of Redding Christmas Tree will be lit in Downtown Redding, First Friday, December 2, 2022 at 7 pm.
- The Active 20-30 Club of Redding, Lighted Christmas Parade, All Aboard the Ornament Express Saturday, December 3, 2022 at 6 pm. The parade route runs through California, Sacramento, and Pine Street.
- Redding Garden of Lights, at Turtle Bay Exploration Park, November 18, 2022 – January 8, 2023. Visit reddinggardenoflights.org for more information.
- Cascade Christmas returns, Thursday -Sunday, December 1-4, 2022. Visit cascadetheatre.org for more information.
- Redding City Ballet presents, The Nutcracker, Friday-Saturday, December 16-17, 2022. Visit cascadetheatre.org for more information.
- Riverfront Playhouse presents, You Better Watch Out, December 1 -17, 2022. The Christmas comedy By Don Hodgins. visit riverfrontplayhouse.net for more information.
Downtown Business Spotlight
Gather Downtown Happy holidays and merry Christmas from Downtown Redding! Santa Claus told me that you may be getting coal if haven’t been to Downtown during December – he does not want you to miss the holiday cheer! Here is a small list of Redding Cultural District community events. Be sure to check it twice, and support Downtown businesses for unique gifts and gift cards from local restaurants and businesses.
1322 Butte St. • Redding • (530) 215-1117
The Makery The Makery was birthed out of a longing to gather creatives and makers together to collaborate on projects, encourage one another and empower the community to create. It’s a beautiful space in the heart of downtown Redding designed to inspire creatives, individuals and organizations to dream, host and create the best possible events. It’s a multi-use space for collaborations, co-work, events and workshops. Their desire is that when you step into The Makery, it inspires and empowers you to create.
1943 Pine St. • Redding • themakeryredding.com