Community, Recreation + Outdoors

One Big Garden

Restoring Vegetation in the Mount Shasta Region… You can think of the slopes of Mt. Shasta as a big garden with a heck of a lot of shade trees, aRead More

In Like Fen

Explore the Botanical Beauty Along the Fen Trail… Tall, tiny, sprawling, spiky, colorful or carnivorous, Klamath National Forest’s Fen Trail offers an interesting mix of botanical characters – plus coolRead More
Community, Life + Leisure

Drive Beautifully

Discover the Small Town of Gridley… Right now, throughout Butte County, 4-H members are exercising their market animals, quilters are putting final stitches in masterpieces, and gardeners are coaxing theRead More

Born To Ride

Get in Gear with the Shasta Wheelmen… The Shasta Wheelmen, Redding’s premiere bicycling club, raced past its half-century mark last year, and is rolling into its next 50 years withRead More
Community

Fix & Fly

John Gagnon’s Pac West Helicopters… Over at 16607 Clear Creek Road in Redding, Pac West Helicopters owner John Gagnon and his team are busy. Repairing helicopters is a niche tradeRead More
Community, Life + Leisure, Recreation + Outdoors

Road Trippin’

Hit The Road This Summer… Summer is here and the road is calling. Whether you choose a destination that is a stone’s throw from home or you are planning anRead More

A Warm Welcome

Tips For Your Trip At California Welcome Center… They arrive from the north, south, east and west and they all ask variations of the same questions: Where can I go?Read More
Community

My Town: Janelle Pierson

Thriving… My family moved to Northern California from Los Angeles when I was 3 years old and I have been lucky to call it home ever since. My husband KendallRead More

Good Connections

Plug in at Dropin Redding… Hey, Techie! How’s the bandwidth out there? Not so good? Download speeds tying you up? Uploads got you down? Got you so frustrated you wantRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community

ONE WOMAN OPERATION

Naturegraph’s Barbara Brown… When I met Barbara Brown some 20 years ago, she was a spry 70-year-old, running her backcountry book publishing business as a one-woman operation. She ran theRead More
Community, Food + Dining

The Big Cheese

Take the I-5 Cheese Tour… While many people know that happy cows come from California, not too many people know about the passionate and friendly cheesemakers from the northern partRead More

Out Of This World

Tune in to Blue Dot Report… Spacesuits, earthquakes, wildfires, oddball planets and surfing culture. In an expanding universe, Dave Schlom sees little need to constrain topics for his popular radioRead More
Community, Life + Leisure, Recreation + Outdoors

Just Breathe

29 Rows Lavender Farm… The scent of fresh lavender fills the air as bees buzz from the purple blooms. It mixes and diffuses in the air with a sweet, subtleRead More
Community

Flight Plan

What’s on the horizon for the Redding Airport… With all the good news coming out of Redding Municipal Airport these days, it wouldn’t be surprising if Jim Wadleigh, the city’sRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community, Life + Leisure

Modern Education

Shasta College’s Joe Wyse Leads The Way… Shasta College is an expansive place with a sprawling mission. It began just over 70 years ago on a small Eureka Way campusRead More
Community, Food + Dining, Life + Leisure

Mom’s The Word

Make Mom’s Day Fundraiser Supports KIXE and Shasta Library Foundation… Redding public television station KIXE and the Shasta Library Foundation are cooking up a special meal to make this Mother’sRead More
Community, Food + Dining, Recreation + Outdoors

Planting Seeds

Siskiyou County Communities Gardening Together… Gardening can often be challenging, but in Etna, the challenges are of near-Biblical proportions. Gardeners there have to contend with deer, jackrabbits and grasshoppers, notRead More

Taste of Fame

Karolyn Grimes’ Wonderful Life… She was a little girl and it was a small part in the movie, but that turn as Zuzu in “It’s a Wonderful Life” was veryRead More
Community

My Town With Andy Main

My Town: Growing – Andy Main in Redding, CA I was born in Redding and was raised near the Sacramento River with my four brothers, mom and dad and aRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community, Life + Leisure, Recreation + Outdoors

Wild and Scenic Film Festival

Redding Tour: Live Stream Event… The Whole Earth and Watershed Festival and Shasta Living Streets are excited to be bringing the 2021 Wild & Scenic Film Festival – Redding TourRead More