Arts + Entertainment, Community

The Show Will Go On

Dunsmuir’s Historic California Theatre… In the days before streaming movies and the internet, going to the movies on a Saturday afternoon was a big deal, especially in a small townRead More
Community, Food + Dining

Kitchen Connection

Welcome To Nature’s Connection in Yreka… Like any major thoroughfare in the United States, Interstate 5 is lined with familiar logos, restaurants and truck stops catering to a generic grab-‘n’-goRead More
Community

My Town

My Town: The Proverbial Village… Everyone can find their identity in the city of Redding. After graduating from college, getting married and having our first child, Bria, we decided toRead More
Community

A Lot, In Common

A Lot Takes Shape With The New Etna Beautification Project Danish architect Jan Gehl once said, “A good city is like a good party – people stay longer than reallyRead More
Community

Open Doors

AAUW Celebrates 50 Years of Funding Education… The Redding Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) has hosted its annual fundraising Home Tour and Art Show for 49Read More
Community

Welcome Back

September Venues Reopening… The people who work to bring people together in performing arts venues are breathing big sighs of relief as COVID-19 restrictions begin to ease and stage lightsRead More
Community, Life + Leisure

Movers & Shakers

Todd Deck, Tehama County Library Director… Todd Deck remembers his days in graduate school preparing for his master’s degree in library science at Emporia State University. Library Journal was standardRead More
Community, Food + Dining

Orange Appeal

Make A Stop At Joe’s Giant Orange in Shasta Lake… Just off I-5, a big plastered painted orange sits perched in front of what is dutifully named Joe’s Giant OrangeRead More
Community

Downtown Details

Thank You For Supporting Downtown Redding Businesses… Be the change. In order to revitalize Downtown Redding, Viva Downtown and other groups have worked with a set of Eight Principles. TheseRead More
Community, Recreation + Outdoors

Caring for Nature

Siskiyou Outdoor Recreation Alliance Stewardship Corps… Conservationist John Muir once remarked, “The mountains are calling and I must go,” a summons that many followed this past year during the uncertaintyRead More

Cool Blue Jewel

Siskiyou’s Turquoise Gem — McCloud Reservoir… Just 10 miles south of the historic logging town of McCloud, the McCloud Reservoir, or “the Res” as it’s known to locals, is aRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community

Who… New

Shane Drake, Donny Osmond, a Song and a Parking Garage… While one’s mind might jump to Mt. Shasta or the Sundial Bridge when considering the local amenities most likely toRead More

In A Cavern

Lake Shasta Caverns and the International Year of Caves and Karst… Caves have been friends to people for more than a million years, so it’s only appropriate the geological formationsRead More

Finding Water

Top Watering Holes to Help You Cool Off… With Summer in full swing, the desire to cool down in a body of water becomes a natural draw. Luckily, in theRead More

Eureka

Gold Prospecting In The North State… Gold was once a deadly serious business in Northern California. Lust for it spawned a boom and bust that scarred the land and displacedRead More

Environmental Education

A Healthier Future With Butte Environmental Council… A lot has changed in the four-plus decades since the Butte Environmental Council started the first multi-use curbside recycling service in Butte County,Read More
Community

My Town: Revitalized

Larry Morgon… I moved to Redding from Southern California in December 1980 to start a new job with the City of Redding. Basically, I followed my parents north as myRead More
Community, Life + Leisure, Recreation + Outdoors

Choose Your Adventure

Discover Something New… The world around us is filled with opportunities for exploration. Discovering a new hobby, immersing ourselves in nature, road-tripping to a new-to-us spot and expanding our educationalRead More
Community

Well Covered

Honey Run Covered Bridge Association… Flames lashed out and licked the timbers of the Honey Run Covered Bridge. Smoke billowed up the sides and engulfed the interior. The fire crackledRead More
Community

Downtown Details

Thank You for Supporting Downtown Redding Businesses… Downtown Redding is undergoing exciting changes to become a more walkable and bikeable business and entertainment district. This month, the Diestelhorst to DowntownRead More