Community

Focus on Youth

Pathways to Hope’s Redding Teen Center… Pathways to Hope for Children has opened a new and much-needed Redding Teen Center modeled after its successful predecessor, the Anderson Teen Center, whichRead More
Community

Downtown Details – May

Thank you for Supporting Downtown Businesses! Downtown Redding is putting in new sidewalks to make a pedestrian- friendly district. Over the past few months, TikTok users have been talking aboutRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community

In Retrospect

The Artistic Legacy of Tom O’Hara… Although he died two years ago, Tom O’Hara still has a strong presence in Siskiyou County. His eye- catching murals adorn the walls ofRead More
Community, Life + Leisure, Recreation + Outdoors

Let’s Play Ball

Walker Field in Fort Jones… Driving into Fort Jones on Highway 3 from Yreka, it’s hard not to notice the large baseball field and stadium on the right-hand side ofRead More
Community, Food + Dining

Recipe for Success

Red Bluff’s Izzy’s Bagels… Long-time residents of Red Bluff remember with great fondness the Bear Flag Republic, a popular coffee house that was also a gathering place. Its closure inRead More
Community, Recreation + Outdoors

A Lambs Tale

Tawanda Farms in Montague… It’s not every day that someone winds up business partners with another mother they’ve met through their child’s preschool. But that’s just what happened to CarolRead More
Tracy Edwards, CEO of Redding Rancheria on Black Background with Title Text.
Community

My Town – Tracy Edwards

CEO, Redding Rancheria my town: my home I am the granddaughter of the late respected Tribal elder Betty Benner. I am of Pit River descent and a member and CEORead More

Rough & Ready

Roughout Ranch Foundation… When Kathleen O’Donnell left her home in Amador County, she headed north to Redding in search of a more purposeful life. She wanted to combine her loveRead More
Community

Downtown Details – April 2022

Thank You for Supporting Downtown Businesses! Redding is developing a great new Downtown. In most cases, a great Downtown offers residents and visitors a popular gathering space to socialize, placesRead More
Title Image with a Close Up of a Bee on a Flower
Community, Education, Recreation + Outdoors

Oh Honey

Honeybee Discovery Center in Orland… Such is the concern for the honeybee that a mythology has developed around a quote often attributed to renowned physicist Albert Einstein. “If the beeRead More
Title Image with Horse Tour Crossing a River

All Things Horse Related

Cottonwood Creek Equestrian Center A Northern California’s gathering place for anything horse-related, Cottonwood Creek Equestrian Center prides itself on keeping happy, healthy horses. The full-service equestrian boarding and training centerRead More
Picture of Michele McEntire
Community

My Town – Michele McEntire

Owner, Founder and Operator Elite Barre Fitness Studio my town: making memories My love for Shasta Lake began around 6 months old, when my parents spent weekends and vacations onRead More

Garden Party

Dunsmuir Botanical Gardens… In a forested canyon not far from Interstate 5, white dogwoods open their buds, Shasta lilies dot the hillsides and fragrant Western azaleas scent the air, signalingRead More
Community

Downtown Details

Downtown Redding is a Main Street America Designated District. Over the past several years, Viva Downtown Redding has operated a program that builds on Downtown assets to encourage investment andRead More
Community, Life + Leisure

Patterns of History

Connecting Communities with Barn Quilts… Barn quilts have told stories about rural America for hundreds of years. A type of folk art, farmers once painted these large, quilt-like blocks onRead More
Community, Life + Leisure

State of the Art

3D-Printing Technology for Houses Comes to Northern California… A pair of Redding businessmen are adopting state-of-the-art 3D-printing technology to help address the chronic shortage of affordable housing in the NorthRead More
Community, Education

The League

LWV, Redding Area: An Integral Part of Women’s History Month… As we celebrate Women’s History Month, we are grateful for progress made over the last century. And one of theRead More
Community, Life + Leisure, Recreation + Outdoors

In the Spring of Things

Small Steps For a Fresh Start Springtime. It’s the fresh start we’ve waited all winter for. The air is laden with newness. The birds are singing their sweetest songs. TheRead More
Picture of Phillip Moller. Community Cultivator inf Red Bluff CA.
Community

My Town: Phillip Moller

Community Cultivator Red Bluff my town: champion for change Red Bluff has a lot of people who make our tiny town feel big. They are the agents of change, volunteeringRead More

Call of the Wild

Shasta Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation… In all seasons and circumstances – including raging wildfires and a pandemic – the all-volunteer team at Shasta Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation dedicates itself toRead More