Community

Strong as Steel

Gerlinger Steel in Redding… Gerlinger Steel & Supply Co. has been a sturdy and steady presence in downtown Redding for 93 years and it has played a role in iconicRead More
Community

My Town – Rory Greek

Vice President | Financial Advisor The Pathfinder Group RBC Wealth Management my town: amazing When I moved to Redding in 2008, I came for a great job opportunity and aRead More
Community

Downtown Details – September

Thank You for Supporting Downtown Redding Businesses! It seems like summers last longer in Northern California, and temperatures stay high well into September. “Heat island effect” refers to higher temperaturesRead More
Community, Recreation + Outdoors

Past & Future

The Revitalization of Redding’s South City Park… With a firm handshake and warm look in his eye, John Tasello leaned in across the table. “I gotta tell ya.” I pulledRead More
Community

My Town – Ashlee Smith

DO, Pediatrics Neonatal Intensive Care Mercy Medical Center my town: genuine Although I was neither born nor raised here, Redding is my town. I landed here by way of aRead More
Community

Downtown Details – August 2022

Thank You for Supporting Downtown Redding Businesses! A pocket park is a small park accessible to the general public. While the locations, elements and uses of pocket parks vary considerably,Read More
Community

My Town – Michele Goedert

Realtor my town: blessed with choices The My Town contributors who precede me no doubt called out the incredible number of amenities that the Redding area boasts: Excellent schools, littleRead More
Community

Social Hour

Out and About Shasta County… This month, Enjoy talked with with Pam Copeland, the Executive Director of Out and About Shasta County, a non-profit organization that provides community-based social andRead More
Community

Downtown Details – July 2022

Thank you for Supporting Downtown Redding Businesses… From the 30,000-year-old animal murals in French caves to the new murals in Downtown Redding, mural art has been a part of ourRead More
Community, Food + Dining, Life + Leisure

Cool Vibes

The New Buzz in Weaverville… The last two pandemic years have wreaked havoc on most California communities, with many local counties still trying to get back to 2019 economic levels.Read More

Birds Eye View

Watching the Eagles at Turtle Bay with Terri Lhuillier… “Hi! How are you?” calls the Eagle Lady. “See our eagle up here?” Terri Lhuillier, pronounced Lu-WILL-yer, greets passersby on aRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community

Art Scene

Karlo Henry and Art for Everyone… Thirty minutes into a three-month art show and people were clearing out the walls. It felt like an auction hall. Viewers shot up fistfulsRead More

My Town – Doug Cole

Mountain Marble Dude Ranch my town: bonded When I was 14, my family moved to California and I was introduced to California whitewater rafting through my local Boy Scout troop.Read More
Community

A Time to Discover

The American Cancer Society’s Discover Shop… The American Cancer Society’s Discovery Shops support the fight against cancer through the sale of high-quality, new and gently used merchandise donated by theRead More
Community

Downtown Details – June 2022

Thank you for Supporting Downtown Redding Businesses! Successful communities always have a plan for the future. The truth is, failing to plan simply means planning to fail. It is difficultRead More

Ride On

Norcal Boomtown BMX Rides Again… On a recent Friday night, a handful of kids of all ages and their parents are gathered at the NorCal Boomtown BMX track at MargaretRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community

The Sounds of Summer

The Mosquito Serenade Summer Concert Series… The Mosquito Serenade began in 1982 with a man, a jam and a plan to make musical performances a staple at Anderson River Park.Read More
Community

Vanishing Breed

Dunsmuir Hardware Store Owner Ron McCloud… In an era of big box stores and online ordering, there’s a 128-year-old store in Dunsmuir where you can walk right in and buyRead More
Community

Sun Struck

Learn Something New with Sundial Tours… Her name is Sundial Bridge. Turtle Bay Exploration Park tour guides will tell you her height is 217 feet, her length 720 feet, widthRead More
Community

My Town – Don Burton

Radio DJ – K-Shasta 104.3 my town: one of the best Although I’ve lived in other places, including Sacramento and Boulder, Colo., Redding will always be my town. I wasRead More