Community

My Town: Emily Baker

Emily Baker is a Brand Ambassador for the Chico Honey Company and describes her town of Capay as “tight-knit.” Glenn County has been the home of my family for moreRead More
Community

Good Tidings

The Downtown Redding Christmas Tree with Jim Calhoun… There’s something new in store for a Redding holiday tradition that’s marking its 101st year this month. The 70-foot fir tree proudlyRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community, Life + Leisure, Recreation + Outdoors

All is Bright

Garden of Lights at Turtle Bay in Redding, CA… With its eyebrow-raising price tag of $1 million, Jake Mangas knew Garden of Lights – the dazzling holiday display that runsRead More
Community, Life + Leisure, Recreation + Outdoors

O Christmas Tree

The search for the perfect Christmas tree… As Thanksgiving gratitude gives way to holiday cheer, for many people it also marks the start of the season for a time-honored tradition:Read More
Community, Life + Leisure

Rejoice in Hope

Living with expectancy in 2021… With the dawn of every new year is a chance to leave the previous one behind in search of new horizons – opportunities to makeRead More
Community

My Town: Carl Bott

Where the heart is with retired Marine and Co-Owner of Free Fire Media, Carl Bott… I met Linda the night before I deployed back to Fallujah, Iraq, at an awardRead More
Community

From Sea to Shining Sea

Shasta Division Naval Sea Cadet Corps… Like a lot of boys contemplating their future, 15-year-old Joseph VanHorn was thinking about serving his country when he got older. His mother, HeatherRead More
Community

Downtown Details

What’s Happening in Downtown Redding, November 2020…Read More
Community, Food + Dining, Life + Leisure

Fall Bounty

Harvest Restaurant and Lodge in McCloud CA… OPENING A restaurant during a pandemic might seem counterintuitive, but the new owners at Harvest in McCloud are bucking the trend. “We openedRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community

Band of Beauty

Wreath maker Shelly Yoshiwara… If you ask her why she holds wreath classes in her Churn Creek Bottom greenhouse, Shelley Yoshiwara will laugh and admit she’s addicted to seeds. HerRead More
Community, Recreation + Outdoors

Hearing The Call

Making accessibility a reality at Lassen Volcanic National Park… When the mountains call, especially those in our national parks, they call to everyone. Assuring that all who hear the callRead More
Community

Ain’t No Mountain

Slade Giles, Legacy Project… Slade Giles delivers a simple, yet heartfelt message: If you do anything, invest in your community; if you can be anything, be kind. The 43-year-old PaloRead More
Community, Life + Leisure, Recreation + Outdoors

Falling For You

Finding Fall Foliage in Siskiyou… Days are getting shorter, the air a little crisper, and leaves are starting to change. California may not usually be considered a great fall color destination,Read More
Community

Blending Old With New

The Independent Order of Odd Fellows in Downtown Redding… One of Redding’s oldest buildings is part of the new mix of changes coming to downtown. The Independent Order of OddRead More
Community, Life + Leisure

My Town: Shelly Davis

Shelly Davis – Siskiyou…MN BSN-RN PHN CCHP / Siskiyou County Health & Human Services / Director, Public Health Division / Director of Inmate Health / Director of Nursing. My husbandRead More

Conservation Excellence

A strong commitment to public trust and conservation excellence… Chico, California (Aug. 20, 2020) – One thing that unites us as a nation is land: Americans strongly support saving the openRead More
Community

Retro Tech Lab

Digital details from Tehama County… If there’s a box sitting somewhere in a dark recess of your home that you just can’t get rid of because it contains VHS tapesRead More
Community

California Conservation

Pathway to success with the California Conservation Corps… When 22-year-old Jerry Randolph moved from Arcata to Redding last year to join the California Conservation Corps, she knew she’d be challenged.Read More

The State of Skate

The skateboarding scene in the North State… It doesn’t matter if it’s the Dogtown culture of 1970s Santa Monica or the blistering heat at the Redding or Anderson skate parks,Read More
Community

Rescued With Love

Catz And Dogz of the North State… It began as a personal quest over a community concern.  Someone had reported a litter of kittens running across the drive-thru at theRead More