Community, Recreation + Outdoors

How The West Was Won

Red Bluff Round-Up Celebrates 100 Years… Words like “tradition” and “heritage” hold sacred power in Tehama County, where people hold tight to their history and familial connections. One could argueRead More
Community, Recreation + Outdoors

In The Loop

The Downtown Connector Loop Trail… Redding is making an important connection. The Diestelhorst to Downtown trail/bikeway will link downtown neighborhoods and businesses to the city’s popular Sacramento River Trail, makingRead More
Arts + Entertainment, Community

All This Time

The Art Of Community With Red Bluff Vesper Lodge… From the front, the building at 822 Main St. in Red Bluff isn’t particularly spectacular, especially for a town known forRead More

On Display

Shasta State Historic Park’s Art Collection… Annie Clark is always up for a staring contest. Schoolchildren visiting Shasta State Historic Park’s art gallery like to lock eyes with the littleRead More

Arch Support

Wanted: Dashes Of Downtown Color… So much is happening in downtown Redding. Government, private and non-profit funds and efforts have poured in to raise a new skyline. We have newRead More

The Beat Goes On

How Local Music Stores Are Navigating Through The Pandemic… There are many benefits to learning how to play an instrument: It helps increase your motor skills, boosts your memory andRead More

All The World’s A Stage

Behind The Curtain With Pamela Carney And Kathryn Kirk… Community Theater in the North State is among the myriad casualties of the COVID-19 pandemic, and like everything else the coronavirusRead More

My Town: Agata Maruszewski

AGATA MARUSZEWSKI, Interim Director: Shasta County Arts Council… “Spontaneous” – that’s the word I’d use to describe my decision to move to Northern California. “Foolhardy” might perhaps be a betterRead More
Community, Life + Leisure

My Town: So Close

JENNA RYAN – M.A., BCBA Co-owner, Best Behavior… I moved to Redding from the Bay Area the summer before seventh grade and quickly fell in love with the North State.Read More
Community, Food + Dining

Seeds To Live By

Stewarding Well With Homeward Bounty Farms….. The seeds of farmer Kate O’Brien-Mann’s journey back to Siskiyou County were planted in her youth. “Probably like a lot of teenagers, I neverRead More
Community

Downtown Details

Downtown Redding Soon to See a Fresh Start…Read More
Community, Food + Dining, Life + Leisure

Safe & Tea

Dr. Richard Wickenheiser, Tehama County Health Officer… Hard to imagine, but there was a time when a county health officer could live and work in relative obscurity. “As long asRead More
Community, Food + Dining

Change Can Be Good

Molly Glenn’s Healthy Living Cookbook… Sometimes, it’s the little things. Just ask Molly and Carolyn Glenn, who have managed to become healthier and lose weight by making a few substitutionsRead More
Community

My Town: David Simmons

My Town: The Best of Everything… David Simmons, owner of Strong City Strength and Conditioning… I am a Northern California native who grew up around the east side of theRead More
Community, Life + Leisure

Hope For The Holidays

Dignity For Christmas… During the holiday season, many struggling families are at the mercy of secondhand donations and charities offering pre-selected gifts for children. This can feel disempowering, especially toRead More
Community, Food + Dining

Baby It’s Cold Outside

Grab a Warm Drink From a Local Coffeehouse… A winter ensemble just isn’t complete without a cup of something warm to drink. Jackets, scarves and mittens will stave off aRead More
Community

Blue Christmas

Redding Police Department’s Operation Blue Santa… Normally, when a neighborhood’s calm is shattered by a line of police cars roaring in – lights flashing, sirens blaring – someone’s in trouble.Read More

Jingle Bell Rock

Gaumer’s Jewelry, Museum and Lapidary in Red Bluff… In all the Gaumer family stories of rock collecting, nothing beats the original, the one that set a path to rock houndingRead More

Deck The Halls

Shasta College’s Poinsettia Project… Not many plants look jolly in winter. The poinsettia is an exception. It dazzles in December, making it a holiday season favorite. “A lot of peopleRead More